A career in the fashion industry sounds glamorous and lucrative. Have you considered getting into the fashion industry, but it might be that you can not control? There are so many different roles and activities that you can play in the fashion world. One does not necessarily have to be a fashion designer but still be able to have a very successful career in the fashion industry.
Freedom to live with what you want is always fun. If you are a fashion fan and love to see beautiful clothes, accessories or sketches around you, you should consider starting a career in the fashion world. Below are some key role in the fashion world where you can take part in -. From the design, production, marketing, to many more
This is one of the high profile jobs in the fashion industry. Developers responsible for conceptualizing ideas for development and to bring them to their final products. Developers can be employed by companies that have a group of designers, or working on own brands and production of, or even as a freelancer providing design companies for the difference
There are several types of fashion designers :.
1. Clothing designers Obviously, these are designer clothes, from underwear, sports wear, casual wear high fashion couture for men, women and children.
2. footwear designer They design shoes for men, women and children from the style point of view, and from the point of view of foot health is.
3. Accessories Designers Accessories has broad indeed – from handbags, hat, eyewear for gloves, scarves and jewelry pieces
Production includes sampling of clothes and accessories to produce the final piece that would return to stores and customers. This massive work involves a team of various sectors
1. Merchandiser Merchandisers play a key role in the production of fashion product.They are responsible for purchasing raw materials to production, to choose materials, textiles and space. They need to make decisions based on pricing, quality and the latest trends and innovations on raw materials
2. Technical Designers :. Technical designers are the one responsible for making fasteners on all sampling to production processes. They might not be the one who designed the garment and are experts in providing an alternative to the dish to improve the coupling dress
3. Pattern Makers :. pattern is the basis for a garment to be stitched. Pattern makers produce and maintain patterns for garments that designers have set up. Pattern makers are key players in the implementation of a garment.
4. Patterns Graders: The sizing dress starts with patterns ratings. Patterns graders are experts in creating size specifications for different sizes. They are essential subjects in any fashion brands, such as uniform sizing of products can maintain customer loyalty and trust.
5. Fitting Models Some clothes and shoes are made for putting comfort and style together. Fitting is a crucial part of the fashion industry and precise fitting using model body for fitting.
Many companies have their own dedicated models for fitting lines, which has the exact sizing measurement brand requires. Sometimes you would see ads looking for the model sample, from kids, men’s, women’s plus-size models.
6. Quality Control Experts Quality control is the top issue for any products, and there is no exception in the fashion industry. Quality control experts look at the quality of raw materials, such as peeling, shrinking and color fading of textiles and overall quality fashion items, for example, a whole combination of enhancements.
7. Organizers: Fashion planners coordinate closely with designers, merchandisers and buyers to determine the production plan for the next season. They look at both the production and marketing while paying close attention to the latest fashion trend.
Marketing is as important as making the perfect piece of fashion item. Whether it is marketing in the wholesale or retail side, people in the fashion marketing role is to promote fashion items in this fast changing world.
1. Fashion Buyer / Retail Merchandisers Product merchandisers are those who buy ready-made products to sell in the shop as a department store. These merchandisers conduct research and analysis of market trends, the relative customer wants and stock. They bear a great responsibility in terms of gain, having the eye to buy the right products for sale can make a difference in income.
2. Showroom Sales professionals Some brands have land to them, show his collection for fashion buyers (wholesalers) to make their orders. Compared to retail, showroom sales specialists should know open registered their client better and be able to provide detailed information to sell collections.
3. Retail Store Manager / Boutique Owners: Retail store manager, sales and boutique owners are the first line staff facing retail customers like you and me
Other Fashion related work.
In addition to the field of design, manufacture or marketing of fashion items, one could contract other locations such as the writer of a fashion magazine, online blogs and fashion event management etc. Below is a list focused on other possible jobs related to the fashion industry
1. Fashion Script: Writers or freelance writers can write for magazines, online blogs or pages of criticism, development and proposals. Fashion writers can also develop in the fashion magazine editors.
2. Personal Stylists :. Some department stores provide personalized style of service while some private clients would hire a personal stylist to give them advice on personal style
3. Fashion Event Management / Public Relations There are anonymous events fashion that requires professional public relations and event management to think about. There are PR company specializing in holding fashion events.
Grab the opportunity!
In addition to these jobs in the fashion industry, there are still many other opportunities as a photographer, costume and shopping / fashion show models, etc. One of the most reachable way to keep you updated with employment and fashion trend is to be active in the fashion debate and subscribe to fashion magazines.
Grab the opportunity and enjoy fashion career!